Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st, 2010 1/365




12:00am




We spent New Year's Eve hosting 36 people in our home. 18 adults and 18 kids ranging in age from 4-11. What a blast we all had! We did a traditional champagne toast at midnight. I wanted to make sure that none of the kids drank out of the wrong champagne glasses. So in order to keep things straight I served them Red Grape Sparkling Cider, instead of the White grape. Although later in the evening, the kids opened up the White Grape Cider and told me they were drinking real champagne and for a quick moment I freaked out! They were just teasing!


2:30pm


Yep...that's Salt! Just my luck, the first day of the new year and I break a salt shaker. I was getting something out of the kitchen cabinet and the shaker fell right into the Baked Beans sitting on the counter below. Shattered! I hope this is not a sign of things to come or else I'm in for a long year. For those who are superstitious, yes--I did throw salt over my left shoulder, just in case.


















3 comments: