Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10th, 2010 10/365


See this picture....all I can say is GUILT!!! Yes, they are Christmas gifts and Yes, they are sitting on the floor of the front seat of my car. I can't even to begin to tell you how guilty I feel everytime I look at these gifts. We adopted a family through a homeless program at Church. I bought the gifts for the mother and son, with every intention of getting them to them before Christmas. Well, the mom's phone number is disconnected and she moved! So I was going to take them to the organization that is helping them, but then I got sick. Then we went away for the holidays, then we had a snowstorm....you get the drift. Today was one more of those days. I had every intention of dropping them off and I had another appointment that went way too long and it started getting dark. The organization is in a "not so great" area of downtown, so I chose once again not to go there. I feel horrible--even though I know they are not expecting these gifts! Just Awful! I'm going to call the organization tomorrow. (sigh)

2 comments:

  1. Life sometimes has a way of getting in the way of our best intentions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww it's ok, they'll get them soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete